Full version copy of our Terms & Conditions
Service Terms & Conditions
J. ELDER T/A E J Cleanco
Service Terms & Conditions 1-41
Service agreement copy version 01-07-2018
1) In the Below Stated Terms & Conditions. 1-41 E J Cleanco is the business trading name for Mr J. Elder. when stated E J Cleanco represents all employees and or representatives of E J Cleanco
2) These Terms & Conditions Represent a Contract Between E J Cleanco and the Customer
3) GDPR ( data rules). E J Cleanco safeguard all personal data and we will never sell or pass data to any third party. Your data will be deleted as requested. We do not save data unnecessarily and data will be correctly permanently deleted should a working relationship not proceed or cease.
4) E J Cleanco agrees to perform the work specified by the customer in a professional manner using care to accomplish a satisfactory service
5) These terms & conditions shall be governed by the relevant United Kingdom law, and by agreeing to be bound by them the customer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts of the United Kingdom.
6) The customer agrees that any use of E J Cleanco services, including placing an order for services via telephone, e-mail shall constitute the clients acceptance of these terms & conditions.
7) E J Cleanco reserves the right to make changes to any part of these terms & conditions. please check invoice reverse for updates.
8) Failure to pay invoices within the stated time on invoice, and that continue to be unpaid for more than 30 days will have cleaning terminated.
9) If we then fail to receive monies owded within 72 days we have the right to contact a collection agency or court to recover the debt, you will be liable for all the related charges, collection agency fees or court related fees, including an additional £60.00 E J Cleanco administration fee.
10) E J Cleanco reserves the right to charge interest on invoiced amounts unpaid for more than 30 days at a rate of 10% per annum above the bank of england base rate from the invoice due date until the date of actual payment under the late payment act.
11) All bank charges incurred due to a customers cheque being returned unpaid will be passed onto the customer at a flat rate of £40.00 per cheque.
12) Should an outstanding invoice payment be disputed, the onus is on the customer to prove payment has arrived and cleared.
13) E J Cleanco does not except liability for cheques, postal orders lost in the post. we strongly advise against sending cash payments in the post.
14) By entering into a service agreement with E J Cleanco the customer agrees that during the cleaning service and after termination of the cleaning service, he / she will not hire or use any services provided by a present or past employee / representative or a contractor introduced by E J Cleanco. if the customer does wish to hire / use the services of a present or past employee / representative or contractor introduced by E J Cleanco , during the service appointment or within a 12 month period of the termination of cleaning he / she must pay a referral fee of £950.00.
15) The customer may cancel a cleaning visit by giving 24 hours notice.
16) Termination of cleaning contracts and / or scheduled cleans should meet the terms & conditions set out in the contract. where no specific terms & conditions have been agreed E J Cleanco asks for a calendar months notice of termination.
17) If not notified giving the correct notice period E J Cleanco will charge the full invoice amount for the cleaning visit, visits and / or services carried out.
18) No refund claims will be entered into once the cleaning service has been carried out.
19) All services shall be deemed to have been carried out to the customers satisfaction unless notice is received by E J Cleanco with details of the complaint within 24 hours of the service being completed.
20) E J Cleanco will investigate any complaint and attempt to resolve it to the satisfaction of the customer, or alternatively to an acceptable standard based on the circumstances.
21) The customer agrees to allow E J Cleanco back to re-clean any disputed area within 24 hours if this is deemed necessary to correct the problem.
22) E J Cleanco has a public and employer’s liability insurance / including product cover. this policy will cover accidental damages caused by E J Cleanco.
23) The customer accepts that the above insurance cover is subject to the relevant service terms & conditions, and all claims including poor service, theft, breakage and damage are subject to insurance investigation and must be reported within 24 hours of the service date.
24) In case of damage E J Cleanco will repair the item at its cost, if the item can not be repaired, E J Cleanco will rectify the problem by crediting the customer with the item’s present actual cash value.
25) E J Cleanco will only settle claims once all outstanding invoice amounts have been paid.
26) E J Cleanco shall not be liable for its failure to carry out its services to a satisfactory standard as a result of lack of appropriate resources, such as lighting, hot water, electricity, etc.
27) E J Cleanco accepts no liability for existing damage to the customers property in the form of stains / burns / spillages etc, which cannot be completely removed using industry standard cleaning methods.
28) E J Cleanco shall not be liable for shrinkage, expanding or ripples of carpets due to factors such as poor fitting, weak backing, wear & tear etc.
29) E J Cleanco shall not be liable for a poor result in cleaning where it is a result of considerable wear & tear, damage and / or staining to cleaning areas prior to the service being carried out.
30) E J Cleanco shall not be liable for any odours arising during and / or after cleaning when this is due to factors such as, lack of ventilation and / or inappropriate heating.
31) E J Cleanco shall not be responsible for any damage caused as a result of the customer placing furniture and / or rugs on a cleaning area which has not completely dried.
32) E J Cleanco does not accept liability for damage caused by decorative or structural defects, or conditions at your property / premises, such as but not limited to, ill-fitting windows, doors, fascias, guttering, window / conservatory trims, unsecured windws & doors, leaking seals, decorative bars stuck on glass, rotting frames, open vents, etc.
33) Should we be unable to access any part of your property, we will only clean the accessible areas. this will typically be charged at a rate of 60%.
34) E J Cleanco does not accept liability for a third party entering the cleaning area, affecting the cleaning result during and / or after cleaning commencement.
35) Due to health & safety regulations the cleaner will attempt to move only furniture and / or items that require no more than one person.
36) All fragile and breakable items must be secured or removed. the customer must ensure that valuable items are stored away.
37) E J Cleanco does not accept liability for equipment supplied by the customer for use by elder E J cleanco. all equipment supplied by the customer must be safe and in good working order.
38) Should the customer ask E J Cleanco to purchase any cleaning supplies, equipment etc on their behalf then the customer understands that an assessed service charge will be applicable.
39) Should the customer ask E J Cleanco to carry out any additional services the customer accepts theses services are chargeable.
40) E J Cleanco will not accept liability for damage caused to irreplaceable items of cash and / or sentimental value. these items should be removed from cleaning areas unless agreed in writing.
41) Under no circumstances should an employee and / or representative of E J Cleanco be asked to clean such items unless specifically agreed in writing.
E J Cleanco has built its reputation by providing customers with a professional cleaning service.
E J Cleanco strives to exceed customer expectations.
E J Cleanco will only provide a service that meets and / or exceeds industry standards relating to insurance, health & safety, training and other applicable rules and regulations.
All work carried out by E J Cleanco is fully insured / certificated including product cover.